Translate

Monday, May 4, 2015

Busy Birds

Last week I put out four feeders of sugar 
water. Today a family of Purple Finches were enjoying them, and also dining on the sunflower seeds at this feeder. Below them, 
in the grass, were Doves, a Blue Jay, a Brown Thrush, Grackles, Sparrows, and a 
male Cardinal taking turns foraging
 for dropped seeds. There was also a 
Chickadee momentarily and a small 
tan bird I didn't recognize. And this is
just what I saw when I was watching!

Saturday I spied (for the first time ever) 
a Rose-Breasted Grosbeak at our feeder!
I so wanted a picture, but it was not to be.

And there is a Robin's nest in the arbor!

The weather was mild enough I had the window up so I could hear all the bird songs.

3 comments:

Nancy Humphreys said...

How wonderful! I saw the grosbeak for a few days but didn't see them yesterday. I sure hope that they haven't moved on already !

Nancy Humphreys said...

Sounds like you have a lovely variety of birds there Boneta.The nest is exciting, too. We used to have robins nest in the pine tree in our front yard years ago when I had my house. One piece of advice about baby robins: The mother is very protective and will swoop down at you if you get too close! lol

Netajane said...

I saw your Grosbeak pic today...they are so pretty! And I think my robins have already flown from the nest...didn't even see them fluttering around on the ground. I guess I missed it :-(