Translate

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Another Bit O' Bounty


Our garden is fun and rewarding
though I haven't gotten a decent-sized tomato 
yet, and may not get one this season. 

We've had alot of rain, which has given quite
an abundant yield of tomatoes and cucumbers
even if they're not prize-winning. 

Today I picked our first little melon. We haven't tried it yet, but it smells soooo sweet, and has a 
soft velvety skin with a white meaty inside. The birds beat us to the first little melon, and have 
also been getting many of the tomatoes. 


The cucumbers here are a variety called
Crystal Apple, and the melons are Rich 
I love browsing their fun and novel varieties!
We've planted more yummy stuff, but they're
not mature yet. More 'bout that later!

Though small, I'm sure we've had at least
three gallons worth of cooked tomatoes,
and I have canned a few at a time.



1 comment: