Translate

Friday, October 23, 2015

Down-Sized


My husband decided we had too many chickens for the space we had so he sold all but four hens. Or so we thought. Turns out, one of them is a rooster! Which is going to be okay I believe, as none of the neighbors seem disturbed by his morning crowing. I think all of the chickens are so pretty, and we are getting one or two eggs each day now. They did scratch their fenced area down to the dirt, so we have decided to experiment with a transportable pen and give them new grassy area to scratch in...hoping the original pen will have time to recuperate and grow new grass. We are supposed to get a nice rain this weekend, which should help toward that goal. I love to look out the kitchen window and see the colorful chickens all pecking around contentedly. Feels like a spot of country to me! 

 

No comments: