Translate

Monday, July 18, 2016

Spiritual Nourishment


Taking time out every day to come away from the distractions and sit down to read your Bible requires the desire, diligence, and discipline which will not come easy. The devil is real and he doesn't want us to read our Bible and cry out to our all-powerful God. If he can cause us to do other things instead (even really good, useful, wholesome things), he will! I confess with shame that it has taken me many years to become consistent in daily Bible reading and prayer. In the past year, it helped me to have an accountability partner, and finally I have been on track now every day for a month, and I'm not taking that for granted. I don't want to fail now, but rather to have this as an ingrained habit or routine in my daily life. It's becoming a sweet time of fellowship with my Father... nourishing me to grow, grow, grow! 



 

No comments: