Translate

Friday, November 25, 2016

Reflecting on Thanksgiving Day


My husband had to work yesterday, and since most of our children are so far away, we planned a rather last-minute simple fare. So I bought a nice-sized chicken and made cornbread dressing and gravy to go with it. And mashed potatoes, lima beans, sweet potato casserole, and homemade rolls...and cranberry sauce. That was more than enough, and we were all stuffed with plenty left over for a couple more meals. 

I was in the kitchen from 6:30 -12:30, and I listened to the Psalms as I worked. It was such a pleasant morning. No hustle and bustle here...but looking forward to Christmas when kids and grandbabies are home.We have so much to be thankful for. From the very air I breathe, to our freedoms, family, friends, and even the fact that my feet didn't hurt yesterday...I owe it all to my Heavenly Father who cares for me. And it was a very good day.



No comments: