Translate

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Rathers



Sure, I'd like to have pretty manicured hands...
but I'd RATHER dig in the dirt and plant flowers.

Today my husband and I went to a Master Gardener's plant sale...
they have such lovely selections at very reasonable prices. And 
there were so many choices! We both enjoyed it greatly, and bought 
Comfrey, Coral Porterweed, Ornamental Pepper, Caladium bulbs, 
Eggplants, Red Coneflower, a Wandering Jew variety that I 
didn't have, and a succulent that I don't know the name of. 

Then we went to a local Farmer's Market that we rarely get to go to. 
We bought local honey, homemade breads, and a jar of Kiwi Lime jam! 

Came home and worked in the yard for several hours, and got all the new
plants in the ground, several seeds planted, and divided some lavendar 
to propagate more, and watered much of the gardens. 

And yep...this is what my hands looked like after I scrubbed and scrubbed...
but it's a small price to pay for the joy of watching things grow. 
Hard work, but it's so nice to wake up and look out to see
what's new and blooming in the yard. 
I'm a country girl, sure enough!!!



No comments: